Saturday, January 28, 2017

Welcome Ben Kersey, AGYC Bar Manager

AGYC is excited to announce Ben Kersey as our Restaurant Bar Manger. Here is a bit about Ben, by Ben!

My name is Ben Kersey, and I could not be happier to be your new bar supervisor at a place as beautiful as the Alderbrook Golf & Yacht Club. The first restaurant where I worked was a little pizza place in Southern Utah at the entrance to Zion National Park. I started there at the ripe age of 12, and that experience kindled my love of the service industry. Many years later, I found myself in bars and restaurants of all different settings.

 It was after high school that my grandfather sat me down and passed on his words of wisdom. He was fighting his battle with cancer. and I would spend many days visiting with him and listening to all he had to say. One day he said, “Benjamin, when you get to my age, all you can do is look back. I have many regrets of things I’ve never done. I encourage you to go out, explore the world, live your dreams, and accomplish everything you desire.” He passed away the following Thursday. After his funeral, I booked a trip to Asia. Over the course of my twenties, I travelled to over forty countries on six continents. The miles were long and the road was tough, but that experience shaped me into the man I am today.

 I was born and raised in Southern California. Five years ago I moved to Seattle. I always had a strong love of the Pacific Northwest, and this was the place I wanted to end up. While working downtown for five years, I developed wonderful relationships and enjoyed Seahawks game days, as they were busy to the point of total exhaustion. Volume bartending was a passion, and striving for great service was always in the forefront of my mind.

 I met my fiancĂ©, by mere chance, and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner. We decided that some land and a house of our own was the next step for our life. We searched high and low and eventually stumbled upon Union. The small-town feel and sense of community immediately drew us to the area. We found a house for sale on Mason Lake with some acreage for us to start and grow our family. We have a wonderful dog named Percy Kersey. He likes running around our forest, getting belly rubs and eating treats. 

I look forward to meeting all of you eventually. If anyone would like to chat or have a drink, you can find me at the bar, your bar.

The post Welcome Ben Kersey, AGYC Bar Manager appeared first on Alderbrook Golf Course.

No comments:

Post a Comment